RN-BSN Online Program Overview
For Individuals Who are Currently Registered Nurses
Our online RN-BSN Program is designed exclusively for individuals who are currently Registered Nurses who wish to earn a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree and achieve professional advancement and personal enrichment. Our affordable, flexible, and individualized program means you can enroll part-time or full-time with faculty led courses. With rich and varied sources of support to tap into, you will be among many who choose Georgia Southern University for their degrees in nursing. Georgia Southern University is more than a web address…we are real. The baccalaureate degree in nursing/masters degree in nursing/Doctor of Nursing/and post-graduate APRN certificate at Georgia Southern University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu/CCNE-accreditation).
The online program incorporates the same Program Outcomes (Student Learning Outcomes*) as the pre-licensure program, however, instructional methods that fit the requirements of online education are used within the courses. Both synchronous (live, real-time) and asynchronous (on your own, not live) formats are used. Most of the course work is asynchronous but live sessions are scheduled in selected online courses for purposes of course orientations, presentation of content experts, faculty office hours, topic discussion and presentations. There are typically alternative assignments to the live sessions available as necessary. The asynchronous interactions include discussion board posts, assignments, in-course e-mail and phone communication.
*Student Learning Outcomes for the RN-BSN Program
- Apply core knowledge and problem-solving principles in evidenced-based decision-making to provide therapeutic nursing care within a health promotion framework.
- Assume responsibility and accountability for professional nursing roles
- Apply scholarly inquiry and analysis for decision making, critical reasoning, and creative thinking to improve nursing practice thereby enhancing healthcare outcomes.
- Incorporate caring, compassion, and empathy in all aspects of nursing practice.
- Develop collaborative partnerships to promote, maintain, and restore health.
- Apply leadership principles in nursing practice.
- Demonstrate competence incorporating healthcare information and technology in providing nursing care.
Last updated: 9/29/2016