The mission of the School of Health and Kinesiology is to provide action steps which will lead the School towards the Vision. This will be accomplished by:
- Preserving, creating, evaluating and transmitting knowledge. Applying theory through hands on experiences.
- Provide support to the mission of the College and University. Providing intrusive advisement to students within the School.
- Providing opportunities for student-centered research and learning initiatives.
- Emphasizing the importance of faculty research collaboration.
- Offering state of the art laboratory and research facilities.
- Providing comprehensive and rigorous curriculum.
- Providing access to and education for the use of emerging technology.
- Encouraging creative approaches to reach educational goals.
- Providing resources and guidance for grant writing, research and scholarly writing.
- Marketing faculty expertise; respecting the diversity of thought, expression and being.
- Making students the priority in decisions that benefit their education.
- Providing opportunities for student faculty interaction.
- Providing opportunities for outstanding student achievement.
- Providing community service which focuses on the science and practice of health and kinesiology.
- Providing the opportunity for students to tailor their program of study to meet specific interests.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with local, national, and international partners.
Last updated: 10/16/2015