CHHS Staff Service and Merit Award
CHHS Staff Service and Merit Award
Annually, the College of Health and Human Sciences will honor two full-time benefited staff members who have exceeded their responsibilities in their specific roles. A monetary award will be presented to each staff member honored at the College’s opening meeting.
- CHHS Staff Council Bylaws
- Award Nomination Requirements/Criteria
- Nomination/Application Process
- Committee Members
- Award Recipients
CHHS Staff Council Bylaws
1. The purpose of the committee shall be to determine the criteria for College staff awards, solicit nominations for those awards, evaluate submitted materials regarding awards criteria, and recognize excellence through the selection of College staff award winners.
2. The Committee will be composed of five staff members for the initial year (one representative from the School of Human Ecology, one representative from the School of Health and Kinesiology, one representative from the School of Nursing, one representative from the Student Services Center, and one representative from the Dean’s Office). Eligibility to serve on this committee is restricted to staff members who have previously been awarded the CHHS Staff Service and Merit Award. After the initial year, the committee will consist of 5 staff members from the College but will be reduced to 4 staff members from the College after year two.
3. Terms of membership shall be for two years, except for the initial appointment. In the initial appointment, members seated on the committee shall stagger appointments such that two members will serve a one-year term and three members will serve a two-year term. At the expiration of their respective terms, all subsequent appointees shall be for two-year terms.
4. The voting membership of the Staff Council will be appointed to those who have been awarded the CHHS Staff Service and Merit Award except for the initial year in which individuals will be appointed by the Dean. Appointment to the Staff Council will be for a term commencing July 1 following the individual being awarded the CHHS Staff Service and Merit Award.
5. It shall be the responsibility of the committee to:
- Determine the criteria for the CHHS Staff Service and Merit Award and disseminate them to the College;
- Solicit nominations for the CHHS Staff Service and Merit Award;
- Verify the eligibility of nominees for CHHS Staff Service and Merit Award and collect Endorsement forms for nominees;
- Select award winners and announce the selection to the College.
Requirements for Award Nomination
- Nominee must be in a full-time benefited staff position as classified by HR. Not eligible: part-time staff, temporary staff, and/or part-time or full-time undergraduate or graduate students enrolled at Georgia Southern University;
- Nominee must have been employed by the College for at least one continuous year;
- Nominee must receive a minimum of three (3) endorsement forms. (A nominee will not be fully eligible unless he or she has a minimum of three (3) endorsement forms. One (1) endorsement form can be from a self-nomination);
- CHHS Staff Council members are not eligible to receive the CHHS Staff Service and Merit Award;
- Previous award winners are ineligible to be nominated for two academic years after winning.
- Positive and uplifting attitude
- Compassion and empathy for others
- Creates and upholds a positive image for the College
- Innovative beyond expectations
- Voluntarily assists with the School and College needs
- Willingness to aid fellow colleagues
- Job Performance
- Attentive to detail
- High quality of work within their job duties
- Exceeds job expectations – Goes beyond their job duties
- Customer Service
- Provides quality customer service in a friendly and helpful manner to the College’s consumers (students, faculty, staff, and visitors)
- Provides reliable and accurate information to the College’s consumers (students, faculty, staff, and visitors)
- Additional Qualities
- Volunteer and service work
- Worked or assisted on a major project
- Other examples of excellence not covered in above criteria
**Please note that performance within job duties is only a small portion of the Staff Service and Merit Award criteria. We are looking to honor our staff members who go “above and beyond” the call of duty.
|Alishia Holmes (CDC)|
|Caroline Glover (Dean’s Office)|
|Renae Baker (SSC)|
|Sharon Wilson (SHE)|
Caroline Glover-Dean’s Office (2016)
Sharon Wilson-SHE (2016)
Alishia Holmes (2017)
Renae Baker (2017)
Last updated: 8/10/2017